This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.



Dr McCallion will be retiring from Cityview Medical on 30th September 2018.  We thank him for his 31 years of service to the practice.  If you would like to leave any messages, please leave them at reception.

Bank Holiday Information 

The practice will be closed for the following bank holiday:

Monday 27th August 2018


As a Practice we no longer complete requests from DLA / Attendance allowance / PIP forms OR for supporting evidence.

We strongly believe that to get an accurate assessment a face to face consultation is vital.  This needs to be carried out by the agency making the decision about your application, not by your GP.

Latest News


We have recently had our online prescription and appointment booking feature updated.  Unfortunately, this has caused some disruption to services.  We are working with our supplier to resolve these issues.  If you are having problems ordering online please contact the surgery.

Please see our data privacy policy under GDPR.

Bank Holiday Information 

The practice will be closed for the following bank holiday:

Monday 27th August 2018

How to use your health services

There are different healthcare services available to help you find the right expert care to treat your condition. For minor, short term conditions, you can self-care or ask a pharmacist for advice. Emergency services deal with serious medical needs where there is a serious risk to life or your health.

Self-care is the best choice to treat minor illnesses, ailments and injuries. Common illnesses and complaints, such as aches and pains, coughs, colds, upset stomachs and sore throats can be treated with over-the-counter medicines and plenty of rest. Most of these conditions improve whether or not you get treatment.Examples of over-the-counter products. In a pharmacy you can buy over-the-counter:
  • paracetamol, aspirin and ibuprofen
  • rehydration mixtures
  • indigestion remedies
  • plasters
  • a thermometer
It is important to follow the instructions on the pack.


A pharmacist can give confidential, expert advice and treatment for some common illnesses and complaints, without you seeing your GP or going to an emergency department.They can help with:
  • eye infections, stomach upsets, skin conditions, allergies, aches and pains
  • common drugs, vitamins and minor first-aid
  • healthy eating and living, including giving up smoking
  • blood pressure and diabetes monitoring and needle exchange, truss fittings, stoma products and incontinence supplies
  • women's health, including treatment for thrush, emergency contraception and pregnancy testing
  • children's health, including nappy rash, teething, coughs and colds
  • prescribed and over the counter medicines
Ask a pharmacist for more details.

Your GP

GPs provide health services including medical advice, examinations, prescriptions and ongoing care for longstanding or chronic conditions. They can also provide:
  • diagnosis of symptoms
  • health education
  • vaccinations
  • simple surgical procedures

Out of hours

The GP out of hours service is for people who need urgent medical treatment but cannot wait until their doctor's practice opens. GP out of hours service is available:
  • from 6.00 pm during the week until your GP surgery opens the next morning
  • 24 hours on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
You should telephone the service first. The doctor or nurse will tell you if you need to see a doctor or refer you to another service.

Mental health

When you experience mental health difficulties, it is important to talk to your GP about your thoughts and feelings. Your GP will assess you. With your GP's help, you can decide about any treatment or action to take.

Mental health emergency

If your mental or emotional state quickly gets worse, it is a mental health emergency or mental health crisis. When this happens, you need to get help quickly.If you're having treatment or were treated for a mental illness, you should have a care plan. Your care plan has names and numbers to contact in an emergency.  If you don’t have a care plan, you should:
  • make an emergency appointment with your GP or your GP out of hours service  when the emergency is at night, weekend or a public holiday
  • go to a hospital emergency department
  • Out of hours service

When you care for someone and they have a mental health emergency

If you're concerned about someone's safety but can't get them to an emergency department or keep them safe, you can telephone 999.If you or someone you know needs help, and you would like to speak to someone by telephone, you can telephone Lifeline free in confidence,  24 hours a day.

Minor injuries

A Minor Injuries Unit can treat injuries that are not critical or life threatening, such as:
  • injuries to upper and lower limbs
  • broken bones, sprains, bruises and wounds
  • bites – human, animal and insect
  • burns and scalds
  • abscesses and wound infections
  • minor head injuries
  • broken noses and nosebleeds
  • foreign bodies in the eyes and nose

Emergency department

Emergency departments provide the highest level of emergency care for patients, especially those with sudden and acute illness or severe trauma, such as:
  • suspected heart attack
  • suspected stroke
  • serious head injury
  • serious accident
Staff will assess your medical condition when you arrive. You can check average waiting time to see the nurse or doctor in emergency departments at participating hospitals in Northern Ireland.

Telephone 999

You should always telephone 999 when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.



Health News from the BBC and the NHS

BBC Health
NHS Choices Behind the Headlines
Health and Social CareThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website