- The practice offers a range of appointment times to patients which include both morning and afternoon appointments on a daily basis.
- The practice offers 3 types of appointments. Same Day Appointments or Routine Appointments, which can be booked within 48hrs or up to two weeks in advance by telephone, at reception or online.
- Same Day Appointments are for acute problems or flare-ups of chronic conditions. These appointments are shorter than routine appointments and you will be asked what your symptoms are so that your appointment may be prioritised.
- You may make an appointment with the doctor of your choice but if you wish to be seen quickly then you may have to accept an alternative doctor.
- Please remember to make an appointment for each person to be seen i.e. One patient = one appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Otherwise you may cause other patients to be kept waiting. The doctor may also be unable to see you if you are late for your appointment.
- It is essential to report at reception on arrival to ensure the doctor knows you have arrived.
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let our receptionist know as soon as possible so that the appointment can be offered to someone else.
- Medical emergencies must take precedent over booked appointments. We have devised systems to minimise disruption to booked surgeries. Delays may occur if the doctors have to respond to emergencies.
In an attempt to resolve the problem of patients failing to attend their appointments the practice has developed the following policy. If you fail to attend for 2 consecutive appointments without informing us we will write to you asking if there is any specific problems preventing you from letting us know.
If you fail to attend for a 3rd appointment you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP practice.
To contact the practice please ring 71 - 314930 and you will hear a recorded message.
For Acute Prescriptions and Results please ring between the hours of 9.30am – 5.00pm only.
If English is not your first language and you require an interpreter for assistance during your appointment with the Doctor, please let the receptionist know when booking your appointment.
Review Appointments for Patients Over 75 Yrs Of Age
If you are over 75 years old and have not been seen by a Doctor in the practice in the last 3 years please make an appointment for a review.
If you would like a chaperone present during your consultation, please inform the receptionist when booking your appointment or when checking in.