New Patient Registration
New patients wishing to register with the practice must fulfil the following criteria:
- Permanent address 8 miles east of the Health Centre on the East Bank of the River Foyle.
- Have entitlement to NHS Care.
- All new registrations must fall within this criteria to be able to register. This will include newborn babies and returning students.
New patients MUST be able to provide the following information and complete the following forms:
- Photographic ID - i.e. passport, visa, driving license, other photographic ID
- A current utility bill (gas, electricity. phone - not a mobile phone) for the property of residency, a rates bill NI, a home insurance policy valid for NI, a signed tenancy agreement or mortgage statement, a current bank statement for an active account which shows NI address or proof of address in order to register with the practice.
- Registration forms HS200 or HSCR1
You will be expected to attend a registration appointment with the practice nurse in order to register. The receptionist will answer any questions you may have and if English is not your first language arrange for an interpreter.
If you fail to attend this appointment without cancelling you will NOT be offered an appointment in the future.
Cross Border Workers
If you are a cross border worker and wish to register with the practice you must provide evidence of your employment in our catchment area. Please note that if you are a cross border worker, your family / dependents who live with you are not entitled to NHS Care
The practice reserves the right to refuse an application to join our practice list.
New and Temporary Patients – Addictive Medications
The practice policy is NOT to prescribe certain drugs unless you provide evidence from your previous GP. This is in the interest of prescribing safely.
Under no circumstances will the practice replace lost or stolen scripts for medication.
Change of Address / Telephone Number
Please notify the surgery if you change your address or telephone number, this allows us to contact you,
Change of circumstances for currently registered patients
As from 8th October 2012, if a patient moves to an address outside of our catchment area, they MUST register with a new practice closer to their address. Please note this will include patients that move address within the Cityside area.
Cityview Medical do not discriminate in any form in services provided to prospective or existing patients on the grounds of, Race, Gender, Social Class, Age, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Appearance, Disability or Medical Condition.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services